Monday, December 20, 2010

Any Nog in the Storm

have a non-dairy version of Egg Nog -- which does contain egg -- that I can whip up in a snap using light Coconut milk, a little Horchata or plain rice milk, Cinnamon (sometimes Ginger and clove), a little raw egg, a dab of honey or agave, and, for those who like it, the booze du jour.

I start by whipping the egg with a wire whisk until it is light and frothy.

Then I slowly add the honey or agave.

After whipping some more, I'll slowly pour in "some" coconut milk -- perhaps 1/2 cup, then another 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Horchata or rice milk, and the spices.

I whisk and whisk, even though I know the mixture will start to separate as soon as I stop. I pour the frothy mixture into a mug, leaving about an inch at the top if I plan to add booze.

Right about this time, it is approaching evening and KPLU's All Blues is wafting in over the speakers, with a little Howlin' Wolf leading the hour.

Do you need more?

No comments:

Post a Comment